17th Annual Laboratory Exposition Co-Sponsored by Procurement and LabConnect
|Co-Sponsored by the Procurement Department and LabConnect|
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- The Inn at Virginia Tech, 901 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Parking at The Inn is FREE!
17th Annual VT Laboratory Exposition
Wednesday April 1, 2020
The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
7:30 A.M. -9:00 A.M. Exhibitor Sign-In and set up
8:30 A.M. Attendee Sign-In Opens
9:00 A.M. -10:00 A.M. Event Speaker - Room TBD
Dr. Siddhartha Roy, Environmental Engineer and Postdoctoral Researcher at VT
Bio: Dr. Siddhartha Roy is an Environmental Engineer and Postdoctoral Researcher at Virginia Tech. He and his team helped uncover the Flint, Michigan Water Crisis. With Dr. Marc Edwards, Dr. Roy co-authored one of the most influential engineering papers of 2017 (Top 1%) on "Academic Research in the 21st Century: Maintaining Scientific Integrity in a Climate of Perverse Incentives and Hypercompetition"
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Exhibitor Lab Exposition – Latham Ballroom
11:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. Lunch for Vendors and Pre-Registered Attendees*
2:15 P.M. Door Prize Winners Announced
*VT faculty/staff please indicated when you register, if you plan to participate in lunch. We appreciate your help in keeping costs down and providing an accurate lunch count to The Inn. Thank you.
- Registration: Opens January 6, 2020 through March 13, 2020. $400.00 per booth, includes 2 exhibitor representatives. Additional booths and representatives can be added during registration.
- Early Bird Registration Pricing ends February 14, 2020. $375.00
- Payments: cannot be accepted the day of the event. Preferred registration method is in advance via online process with credit card.
- Quick Guide How to Register a Group
- Space and Equipment: includes one booth, one six (6) foot skirted table, electric hookup and two chairs
- Access to the Venue: will be granted to Latham Ballroom on the morning of the event, beginning at 7:30 am
- Sending Advance Freight: Contact Hollins Exposition Services. firstname.lastname@example.org / 540-362-3940 extension #1 or The Inn at Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech nor its employees can accept freight on behalf of exhibitors.
- Installations, Storage and Dismantling: If assistance is needed exhibitors can arrange for delivery, removal and/or set-up through Hollins Exposition Services, email@example.com / 540-362-3940.
- No Shows: No refunds will be granted to “No Shows”. Questions pertaining to “no shows” should be directed to the Event Coordinator.
- Dismantling: Exhibitors are asked not to dismantle prior to the end of the event at 2:00 p.m. All exhibit materials must be removed from the exhibit area by 4:00 p.m.
- Assignment: No exhibitor shall assign, sublet or share the whole or any part of the booth space allotted without the prior approval of the event exhibit coordinator.
- Liabilities and Insurance: Exhibitors agree to maintain such insurance that will fully protect Virginia Tech, the Procurement Department and any of its representatives from any claims of any nature, including claims under the Worker's Compensation Act, for damages for personal injury, which may arise with the operation of the exhibitor's display. If the exhibitor damages the building, the exhibitor agrees to reimburse Virginia Tech for the cost of repairing such damages.
- Door Prizes are allowable at each booth, but they should not require any obligation of the campus attendees. Giving contact information is fine, but attendees should be allowed to check a box to "opt out" and not be contacted directly as a result of signing up for the vendor's individual door prizes. A door prize give away should not be attached to any commitment on the part of the campus visitor, and the prizes should not exceed $25.00 in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia policy. Gift cards are strictly excluded, as give away items. The sponsoring departments may also provide official event door prizes for attendees, as an incentive to participate in the day's event.
- Registered Exhibitors
- Booth Layout
- Check back in mid-March 2020
- Blacksburg, Christiansburg and the New River Valley offer many hotel and lodging options.
- Check back.
- Attendee registration information will be available on or about February 1, 2020.
- As always it's FREE!
- Virginia Tech employees have seamless Wi-Fi access through VT Eduroam accounts
- Visitors and Guests including Vendor can access Wi-Fi through the Guest Wi-Fi services available at The Inn.
- On your mobile device select Settings/Connections/Wi-Fi/locate Hotel Guest