16th Annual VT Laboratory Exposition
|Co-Sponsored by the Procurement Department and LabConnect|
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- The Inn at Virginia Tech, 901 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Parking at The Inn is FREE!
16th Annual VT Laboratory Exposition
Wednesday April 3, 2019
The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
7:30 A.M. -9:30 A.M. Vendor Sign-In
8:30 A.M. Attendee Sign-In Opens
9:00 A.M. -10:00 A.M. Event Speaker
[*] Dr. Theresa Mayer, VP for research and innovation
10:00 A.M. -2:00 P.M. Vendor LabExpo - Latham Ballroom
11:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. Lunch for Vendors and Pre-Registered Attendees*
2:15 P.M. Door Prize Winners Announced
*VT faculty/staff please indicated when you register, if you plan to participate in lunch. We appreciate your help in keeping costs down and providing an accurate lunch count to The Inn. Thank you.
- Registration: Now through March 15, 2019, $400.00 per booth, includes cost for 2 vendor representatives. Additional booths and reps can be added.
- Payments: cannot be accepted the day of the event. Preferred registration method is in advance via online process with credit card.
- Quick Guide How to Register a Group
- Space and Equipment: includes one booth, one six (6) foot skirted table, electric hookup and two chairs
- Access to the Venue: will be granted to Latham Ballroom on the morning of the event, beginning at 7:30 am
- Sending Advance Freight: Contact The Inn at Virginia Tech to make arrangements. Virginia Tech nor its employees can accept freight on behalf of exhibitors.
- Installations, Storage and Dismantling: Exhibitors/Vendors must arrange for delivery and removal, and/or set-up and dismantling of their exhibits, through Hollins Exposition Services
- Dismantling: Exhibitors/Vendors may not dismantle prior to the end of the event at 2:00 pm. All exhibit materials must be removed from the exhibit area by 4:00 pm.
- Assignment: No exhibitor shall assign, sublet or share the whole or any part of the booth space allotted without the prior approval of the event exhibit coordinator.
- Liabilities and Insurance: Exhibitors agree to maintain such insurance that will fully protect Virginia Tech, the Procurement Department and any of its representatives from any claims of any nature, including claims under the Worker's Compensation Act, for damages for personal injury, which may arise with the operation of the exhibitor's display. If the exhibitor damages the building, the exhibitor agrees to reimburse Virginia Tech for the cost of repairing such damages.
- Door Prizes are allowable at each booth, but they should not require any obligation of the campus attendees. Giving contact information is fine, but attendees should be allowed to check a box to "opt out" and not be contacted directly as a result of signing up for the vendor's individual door prizes. A door prize give away should not be attached to any commitment on the part of the campus visitor, and the prizes should not exceed $25.00 in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia policy. Gift cards are strictly excluded, as give away items. The sponsoring departments may also provide official event door prizes for attendees, as an incentive to participate in the day's event.
- Check back for information prior to the event.
- As always it's FREE!
- Virginia Tech Service Laboratories and Research Resources brochure. Include your service lab/research resource in the 2019 brochure that will be compiled and provided to event participants and distributed electronically. If you would like your service lab to remain in the resource brochure, be sure to include corrected/additional information for your entry. Email Sandy Hancock.
- Participate in the VT Service Lab Corridor.
- Promotional Poster:
- You are invited to attend the event to promote your lab in the Service Lab Corridor and network with research laboratory staff, faculty, graduate students, and post-docs.
- Inviting participants to display a poster to promote the services/resources that are offered to Virginia Tech researchers.
- A time will be designated during the expo for your representative(s) to be on-site in the poster corridor.
- Poster promotion response Deadline Friday February 15, 2019.
- Promotional Literature
- Service Centers can provide promotional literature (e.g. brochure, handout, business cards) that will be available to event attendees on the day of the event.
- Interested in participating? Take the next step! Contact Sandy Hancock