Surplus Operations and Pickups Resume Normal Schedule
Virginia Tech Surplus will begin accepting requests for pickups of surplus items on Wednesday, September 16, 2020. The online form https://surplus.vpfin.vt.edu/ to submit items for surplus pickup will be available starting at 8AM on Wednesday, September 16th. Centralized PPE Distribution will also continue to be processed through orders placed in HokieMart with pickup at the Surplus Warehouse for the near future. Departments can continue to submit orders for PPE to replenish their supplies.
The Surplus Team handles requests solely on a first request, first serviced model. We will not be making exceptions to this scheduling system. Submitted and approved official surplus request forms initiates the process for items to be picked up by the surplus department. Since we could not pick up surplus items from campus since March, we will be making no exceptions to our scheduling process. Those departments who had had pending requests submitted in March will get first priority for pickups. Those departments need not submit a new request.
Also important to remember is the following:
- Mark all items with a mailing label or masking tape labeled “Surplus” to speed up the pickup process.
- Non-equipment items such as chairs, tables, desks or miscellaneous office supplies may be grouped as one lot each for the same type of item.
- If you need to be contacted with an approximate time scheduled for pick up, make a request on the form to be contacted.
- Departments are responsible for assuring that all computer hard drives are erased i.e., free of all data and software.
- Larger, heavier items may take longer to be scheduled for pick up.
If a department wishes to deliver items to the Surplus warehouse, they must call beforehand and have already submitted a surplus request form documenting and approving the items to be dropped off.
Surplus will also work with off campus locations to schedule pickups in the near future. The process to request a surplus pick up is the same and all non-Blacksburg areas’ first step should be submitting the request form at: https://surplus.vpfin.vt.edu/
To manage social distancing, the surplus warehouse front doors will remain locked. Surplus staff will be available at the warehouse from 7:30AM to 4:30PM daily to assist with surplus and PPE Distribution. If a department wants to review surplus inventory, please call beforehand and schedule an appointment to do so.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as Surplus Operations returns to normal operations and PPE Centralized Distribution over the next few weeks. For questions, please contact Surplus at: 540-231-5660.