The mission of the Procurement Department is to provide efficient and responsive procurement and surplus services and to obtain high quality goods and services at reasonable costs. This service is provided to faculty, staff, and students in support of the university's instructional, research, and public service programs. Purchasing processes and practices conform to the Commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and Their Vendors. Surplus processes and practices conform to best practices for the proper disposal of state property.
Our strategic goals are:
- To procure as efficiently as possible.
- To provide continuous training and education to customers.
- To provide knowledgeable advice and consulting.
- To identify vendors who meet internal customer needs at reasonable prices.
- To process documentation within reasonable timeframes.
- To minimize disputes between internal customers and vendors.
- To maintain ethical business standards and full legal compliance.